In order to help marketers to create more efficient and cost-effective ads, Socialbakers and Hubspot teamed up and analyzed over 4.5 million ads posted on Facebook and Instagram between January 2015 and February 2016.
Facebook ads have plenty of great features that enable you to effectively target your posts to a specific audience. This makes it easier to deliver content to the people that actually want to see it.
But getting your content to the right people isn’t just about creating great content for your target audience. You also need to understand your competitive market to effectively tailor your ad strategy.
Europe/Middle East/Africa Facebook Trends
#1 Video ads are going through a decrease in CTR (Click through rate) by 57%.
#2 post engagement ads are becoming less popular and seeing decreasing competition
Because advertisers are spending 30% less on post engagement ads
But the amount of post engagement ads is slightly increasing (by 26%), suggesting their lower cost is allowing more advertisers to try them out.
#3 video ads are becoming more popular.
Video ads are also a larger portion of marketers’ budgets, surpassing 25% of total budget in February 2016.
#4 website click ads are becoming more popular.
Ads with a website clicks goal are increasing in CTR (by 116%), and advertisers are using a slightly larger portion of their budget for website clicks (3.5% increase over the last two years).
What marketers can do?
- Work on engaging your audience with video ads by capturing their attention in the first few seconds. Be sure to focus on creating quality video ads without relying too much on long-length videos
- Try out different types of post engagement ads and different targeting features to see what works well for your business.
- Don’t forget to use Facebook’s social endorsement feature — which shows users which friends have already liked your Page or post – to help prove your brand’s social credibility and expand your reach.
- Create videos for your target audience, which will help you effectively use Facebook’s targeting features in conjunction with the story you’re sharing.
- Try not to use website click campaigns to target users that meet your target criteria, and use them in your retargeting campaigns. This will help remind those users who have been to your website previously to keep coming back.
Source : Socialbakers